Tuesday 15 July 2014

Lakme Absolute Gloss Addict Lipstick - Desert Rose

Have you watched the commercials for this new launch by Lakme? With Kareena Kapoor wearing a red and extremely glossy lipstick? When I first saw it I loved the red color but I found the glossyness to be too over-the-top and quite tacky-looking. However, once I saw swatches of the lipstick (or "Gloss Sticks” as Lakme likes to name them) I couldn’t wait to try it! They looked like the perfect amount of gloss and nothing like the exaggerated tacky lipcolor in the commercial.

Packaging: The tube looks absolutely precious! I love the effect created by the clear plastic tube over the metallic one. Lakme really stepped it up with the packaging for this lipstick (I don’t usually like the packaging of any of their other products) making it both practical and elegant. The clear top is really convenient since you can see the shade and easily find the lipstick. The outer black box is quite average. Nothing too fascinating or classy but it isn’t bad either.

Pigmentation, Texture and Finish:  The texture is nice and buttery which makes the color glide on without any efforts or rubbing. It allows the color to be applied evenly across the lips and is responsible for the glossy effect. While I love how glossy the product is, it’s not as pigmented as I had expected it to be. It’s still a beautiful product and I’ve started reaching for it almost everyday now but I’m sad that it was hyped up to be more pigmented than it actually is. The bright side to it not being too heavily pigmented is that it is so wearable. It’s perfect for every day.

Shade: While staring at the numerous swatch galleries on Google, Desert Rose repeatedly stood out to me. It’s like... 

Continue Reading... 


Tanaya <3

                                           Twitter | Bloglovin' | Facebook | Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and it makes me so happy so please leave me a comment and let me know what you think. :)

Trending Articles

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...