Monday 18 November 2013

The Bag-Centric Outfit

While I stared at the pretties and lovelies that I found on polyvore, I suddenly had this idea. It was perfect since I hadn't posted any of my polyvore creations in a while and also because it felt different. I decided to create a whole outfit that was inspired by a bag. Think of it like this: instead of the bag being an accessory that adds to the outfit, the bag is the focus of the whole look and everything else compliments the bag. I found this black clutch with white lace and a crystal clasp which seemed perfect and it inspired me to put together an outfit that had a theme of black, white and glitter. However, since being different is the idea behind the whole look, I decided to add pieces that wouldn't necessarily go together otherwise. Rather than a plain black or a white dress, I chose this black shift dress with sequins to glam it up and a satin bow belt to make it more fitted and less "shift-y" (if that's even a word). Next came the shoes and although high heels may have been what my brain immediately thought of, I decided to use these black wedges with gold chains. They add a certain roughness to the outfit that you wouldn't see coming and yet keep it glamorous. Plain black studs so that the focus still stays on the bag. At first I had picked a dark berry lip but then this pale pink lipcolor seemed to highlight the elegance of the clutch even more. Then came the dark burgundy nails (a light color would have taken attention away from the white lace on the clutch) and a sultry but classy smoky eye!



So there it is. Let me know what you think of it in the comments below. You can follow me on polyvore to see the creations that don't get posted on the blog. Stay updated by following me on Twitter, Bloglovin' , gfc and Facebook.

Tanaya <3

5 comments:

  1. Oh that polish is awesome. I love that dark vampy color.

    Whimsical Allure

    ReplyDelete
  2. The clutch is so pretty, and winter is perfect for extravagant patterns like this - love it! Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the lipstick shade! It's so pretty but also gothic. Oh and the nail colour is amazing too, so vampy and wintery :)

    v

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and it makes me so happy so please leave me a comment and let me know what you think. :)

Trending Articles

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...